Platt/Whitelaw Architects is a full-service architectural firm, dedicated to public and community based projects.
Our approach to design relies heavily on open communication between all members of the design team, including clients, users and community groups.
Our project types include educational facilities, libraries, parks and recreation, life safety facilities, justice facilities, administration/operation/maintenance facilities, religious institutions, affordable housing and historic preservation. Platt/Whitelaw’s public agency clients include municipalities, school districts, and local & state agencies.
Platt/Whitelaw currently employs 15 people, including five licensed architects. The firm also has five LEED™ Accredited Professionals on staff.
- Sustainable architecture and energy efficiency
- Integration of design elements that encourage cultural interpretation
- Working with community and user groups
Our Mission is to provide responsive architectural services, designing buildings that enrich the user, the community and the environment.
Our Vision is to provide a positive impact on our community and to contribute to a more resilient world.
Our Core Values
- Integrity – we approach our work and lives with integrity
- Collaboration – we approach our projects in the spirit of collaboration
- Respect – our work is rooted in our respect for people and the environment
- Diversity – we create environments that are inclusive for all
- Sharing – we share knowledge between all stakeholders to create the best outcome
We strive to create buildings that serve their users and communities now and into the future, creating designs that comply with the rules of function but break free from the ties of predictability.
Our project management strength is based on responsiveness and clear communications. This means responsiveness to the architectural program and responsiveness to the Client and user. Our project managers orchestrate every stage of the design while keeping the client apprised of progress each step of the way. This structured oversight effectively guides the project through budget and schedule requirements to successful completion.
- Create & validate the architectural program
- Develop an understanding of site, context, user, and community
- Design a creative and appropriate response
- Provide strong project management